Welcome to The Malaya Daily. from lazacode.com

Thursday 18 August 2011

Malaysia's Tony Fernandes buys Queens Park Rangers

TONY FERNANDES has completed his takeover of Premier League new boys QPR.
The Malaysian airline entrepreneur now owns a 66 per cent stake in the club after buying out previous majority shareholders Flavio Briatore and Bernie Ecclestone.

Fernandes said: "QPR is a raw diamond and hopefully I can contribute into turning it into a diamond.


"I've always wanted to be involved in football and the appeal of a London Club like QPR, was too good an opportunity to turn down.

"I lived in Uxbridge Road for many years and grew up around the area.

"Everyone knows I've followed West Ham all my life, but I've always had a soft spot for QPR.

"Rangers were one of the first teams I watched as a child at Loftus Road.

"It's funny how life has a way of spinning things round. It goes full circle sometimes."

Vice chairman Amit Bhatia has returned to the club under Fernandes and will own the remaining 33 per cent of shares.

He said: "I'm very excited to welcome Tony to QPR and having spent considerable time with him, know that we share the same vision and values.

"We have discussed in great detail how to restore pride at the Club and I'm very pleased with the outcome of these discussions.

"It was a very difficult decision to resign from the board when I did.

"I'm thrilled to be back and would like to thank all those who supported me and my family and look forward to serving the club to the best of my abilities again.

"Tony and I will work alongside each other to try and make this season as exciting and successful as possible.

"I love this Club and this is a very happy day for me."

ORIGINAL POST: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3760406/Tony-Fernandes-buys-Queens-Park-Rangers.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment