Welcome to The Malaya Daily. from lazacode.com

Wednesday 20 February 2013

Tunisian PM resigns

The Tunisian Prime Minister Hamadi Jebali has resigned after failing to form a new government during a political crisis triggered by the assassination of opposition leader Chokri Belaid earlier this month. The news came in a televised address to the nation.Hamadi Jebali said: “I promised, and made the commitment, that if my attempts failed, I would step down from my job and resign my post as head of government. That is what I have just done now, during my meeting with the President of the Republic.”

The killing of Chokri Belaid sparked mass protests, and resignations from Tunisia’s coalition government.

News source: http://www.euronews.com/2013/02/19/tunisian-pm-resigns/

0 comments:

Post a Comment